Thursday, November 03, 2005

Self-portrait 4

I chose to put myself in the the fantastical space of a book. My new landscape includes a collage consisting of multiple images that I need to live, including various items of food, such as coffee. I fit into this landscape, literally, as a painting of just the top of my head in the lower right-hand corner. My head is down as if I'm reading a book, deeply enthralled in the material "at hand". Figurativley, this reveals the interactions of my personal landscape and the actual world. Putting myself into the book shows my deep love for literature and how when deeply enthralled in a piece of writing, nothing exists around me except for this and how I actually feel as though I am part of the book. With this project, I could literally put myself into a book.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home